Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Favorite Books

It's a dangerous thing to be a children's writer and work at a children's book fair.  I'm going to be broke by the end of the week.  Such awesome books!  Some of the popular titles are:  The Boy Who Dared, Swindle, Diary of a Wimpy Kid (both of them), and The Invention of Hugo Cabret.  Of course I'm not talking about the "garbage" books, like the Guinness Book of Gaming Records, and Invasion of the Campfire Weenies.  I picked up The Book Thief and Clementine myself.
So what kids' books have you read recently?  What are your favorites and what did you think was "garbage"?  What books are still on your list?

3 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

:)
We did get the Campfire Weenies at our book fair. My son asked, and those darn weenies looked too cute to pass up.
My favorite from our book fair this year was Tunnels, and my son was excited about the Grey Griffins series.

Dawn Buthorn said...

Diary of a Wimpy Kid (both of them) was the big seller at the fair this year. We sold a ton of those. Tunnels was also a big seller, as well as The Boy Who Dared. The Weenies were cute, and I really don't mean "garbage" as a negative, tho I know it sounds that way. I only mean that it's not a serious read. Lots of kids ordered the Weenies book too. We also sold out of The Truth About Poop.

Sheri Perl-Oshins said...

The Invention of Hugo Cabret is GENIUS and he deserved to win the Caldecott!